Sunday, October 3, 2010

Week 6 reflection

This week, we wrapped up our emerging technology presentation. Being that I am in the process of starting my own Instructional DIY (do-it-yourself) blog/website in home improvement and handy work , I found that the presentation on screencasting to be helpful in my website/blog. Being able to implement digital recording of computer screen output might be a useful way for students to learn how to DIY. If i were to implement computer base training (CBT), screen casting would be an ideal application for training. This application is very engaging and allow users to learn through demonstration which is already embedded into the application.


As much as most of the presentations were interesting, I would probably utilize screen casting and Ustream application for my site. With Ustream, I could actually perform real time instructions of myself performing handy work, while others from around the world could tune in and watch. Being able to watch real time is a luxury because you are able to communicate that very moment if you have questions or comments. When it comes to performing DIY in handy work such as repair or custom building, being able to watch rather then read is very helpful.

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like Google promotes Youtube a lot for their video-based collaborative projects. Did they demonstrate how to use the tools can be used in that sense? Also, did they offer any incentives for being so enthusiastic about their tools?

    Their campus seems to have a lot of different environments that nurture creativity (i.e. the sports courts, open green fields, etc). You think this is what all designers & developers could use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Thanks for the comment. The Instructional designer at Google discussed how they were using Youtube to collaborate with other musicians across the world to create this large band like orchestra. This allowed normal musicians a chance at stardom or be known. That being said for my personal project, I think I could definitely benefit from this type of application to promote myself and my future projects.

    As far as the setting at Google, they definitely set an environment for the creative minds. Being stuck in a cubicle all day could limit their creativity. I guess Google has the resources to shower their employees with creative luxury!!!

    ReplyDelete